With prom season here, parents and high schoolers are calling around for limo and party bus rentals for prom. Here are a few tips and advices from Sacramento limo to help you become better prepared in finding the right transportation for prom.
- Find a limo company in the city or closest to the city that you are departing from. Some companies will charge more for fuel cost if there is extra travel involved.
- Call 1-2 months in advance. Limos book up extremely fast for prom on the weekends. Some weekends book up a month in advance. So call early if you want to find decent transportation.
- Find out if the cost includes driver’s tip, taxes and fuel. Some companies do not include these extra surcharges in their quotes. Some companies will quote a prices plus tip. Others will quote price plus taxes plus tip. And some will offer an all-inclusive quote. Find out what your potential total cost will be so that you are comparing apples to apples.
- Ask to see photos of the limo or to see it in person to be sure it is exactly what you are looking for. Many limo companies do not have physical offices. Their vehicles are parked in certain lots so it is always better to ask.
- Find a company that is reputable and has many positive reviews. Because there are so many limo companies around, it is hard to know which is best to go with. Besides price shopping, we recommend that you also check on Yelp or Google plus for the companies which have the most numbers of positive reviews.
- Find out if a deposit is required to reserve the limo and how much. Some require only credit card info to hold, others require $200 and some up to 50%. And find out if the deposit is refundable or non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
- Ask about their cancellation policy. As mentioned previously, there is the possibility of not receiving your deposit back on cancellation. Some companies will return the deposit if cancellation occurs before a certain time.
- If you are booking a limo or party bus for a large group, make sure that most of the people in the group are committed before you book and put down a deposit. Many high school students are caught in situations where people start dropping out and you are left with not enough people to fill the limo and afford the cost. And therefore, you end up losing your deposit. So, it is always better not to rush into booking a limo due to pressure.
These are just a few tips to follow when looking for transportation for prom. Hopefully you find it helpful.